Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Family: So Essential For Happiness

This weeks blog is going to be one that I wouldn't naturally do on a post like this, but I think that it is necessary. As I have been studying the scriptures, and have been taking classes on marriage and family I have been noticing a difference in my attitude towards my family. Suffice it to say that for the longest time I have had a bad attitude about how our family has been divided in spiritual matters, but so close in physical terms. I have always strived to put my family first and to love them with an unconditional love, but the spirituality in our family has been one thing that has held me back from accomplishing my desire. I have learned over time that no matter what our family circumstances are we need to love them no matter what they believe, or how they live their life. Our families are so important. If we want them to ever obtain the happiness and joy that God has established for all of his children, then we have to love them, and be a righteous example to them daily. The very way we live our lives is the very key to helping them come closer to established truth. When they see the example that is lived by their son, daughter/ brother, sister,  then they will begin to realize why changing is important and sooner or later gain the desire for themselves to change. I love my family so very much. I know they know I do, but I want them to be happy. I desire nothing more then for us to someday enter into the temple of our God and be sealed by the new and everlasting covenant of marriage for time and eternity. It is vital that if that desire is to be, then I need to be the example to them. My expressions need to be full of love and charity with an eye single to the glory of God. I need to serve them graciously and help them to realize their full potential. My family has every opportunity to be happy now and for eons to come. With all this being said, I desire for all that reads this blog to pick up your phone and call your mom and dad/ brother and sister and tell them of your love for them. I know that as you do this, you will begin to realize the very feelings that I have for my family, and you will then desire for them to come closer to God and do everything necessary to return to him someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment